Ok, Rebecca nominated me last month for the One Lovely Blog Award. It’s time that I get down to business and tell you 7 things that you probably don’t know about me.
1. I am obsessed with large cups/mugs. I have the hardest time passing up a super-sized mug at TJ Maxx. I asked for (and think I am getting) several large cups for water for Christmas. I used to fill my water bottle up a lot when I was working, but now that I’m at home, I don’t fill up a water bottle. Several of my medications are dehydrating, so I am trying to focus on the water.
2. I have lived in 4 states and moved 5 times. I moved to South Carolina in high school and then to Northern VA after college. A few years later, I came back to South Carolina!
3. I’ve never had a pet that wasn’t a Shih Tzu. I wanted a dog when I was in middle school. I was absolutely fascinated by dog shows and even went to one with my mom. Even though we were on dial up internet way back then, I did a ton of research and showed my parents that Shih Tzus would be perfect for our family because they barely shed and sleep a lot. Now, we’ve never owned anything else. Rylie, the puppy we got back in January, is my 5th Shih Tzu!
4. In high school, I thought that I wanted to be a doctor. After I took anatomy class, though, I realized that science wasn’t for me. Plus anyone’s blood that isn’t mine grosses me out. I went to college with the intention of going to law school, but after the end of my first class on the first day of college, I decided that I didn’t want 7 years of school. I went into law enforcement analysis, but then wished that I’d pursued further degrees in English! Oh, how I miss classes. Unfortunately, my life has not gone as planned in any way, shape, or form! Funny aside: Although I am not a doctor, I spend a ton of time going to them! Not funny, actually. *Sad Face*
6. I play(ed) the piano, flute, bassoon, and oboe. I did marching band for two years after a year of dance team. #iwasacoolkid I love to dance. Some people say I’m good at it.
Dancing cira 2011
7. I feel like no one ever knows the bands that I listen to–sometimes they even make fun of me. It’s not like I talk about it a lot, though! In college, people would actually come to me for music recommendations on a regular basis or ask me to make them a special playlist based on a few bands they liked. I actually made friends because people would connect to my shared iTunes (my college was VERY small and we were on one network) and when I got introduced, they would want to know all about what I was listening to.
7.5 I still track my listening habits on Last.fm. I’ve been tracking since Fall 2006, so why stop now? Am I the only one who had an account? Should I give you an example? Here are my top 20 artists from the last 8 years combined–so I went through a phase or two, but Valencia, Fall Out Boy, Anberlin, and Needtobreathe really are my favorite bands (don’t judge!!):
Valencia, The Summer Set, Fall Out Boy, You, Me, and Everyone We Know, Every Avenue, All Time Low, My Favorite Highway, The Maine, Fireworks, Dropout Year, Holiday Parade, Mayday Parade, The Goodnight Anthem, The Less, The Rocket Summer, Hit the Lights, Anberlin, Search The City, You Me at Six, Needtobreathe
Bolded bands have been seen in concert one or more times. I was an avid show/concert goer for many years. I would give anything to see Fireworks, but I missed their last Charlotte show because the line up was so long that I didn’t think I could stand up for that long (venues with absolutely no seating are the worst!). I also missed The Rocket Summer’s last stop in Charlotte because I was sick. I’m hopeful that I’ll get to see him because he hasn’t released any new music or toured since then, so that must mean new album+tour?
And that’s about it. If you want to know a little bit more about me, you can read my About Me, follow me on Instagram (Shih Tzu pictures everywhere!), Facebook (I post a lot about music that I like, articles from smart people, and pimp my posts), Twitter (once every few weeks I say something witty), or Goodreads (where I update my status and share my thoughts more than people probably want to know, but I’ll check what you want to read and are reading every.single.day.). So, stalk me? No, not like that. But be my friend!
I now pass the torch on to:
Megan at Latte Everyday
Elizabeth at My Cup of Sparkle
Gennie at New Home, New Name, New Adventure
Kacie at Life, KV Style
and anyone else who would like to do it because I am so late to this that I can’t think of people who would want to do it and haven’t already done it! Plus, I’m going to bed. #bye