I know that sometimes my writing is a little heavy. Being sick will do that to you. And when I try to publish funny posts, they don’t always go over well. Sometimes they fail. Like epic fails. Hashtag worthy fails.
In real life, I’m fairly irreverent. I am silly. I am sarcastic. I love a good joke. I minored in practical jokes in college. I also, would like to take a moment to assert my innocence in the infamous glitter prank of 2009. I had no prior knowledge and would have tried to stop it.
Guys, I’m not that serious.
1. I have fallen out of my chair at work, not on purpose. I don’t even know how it happens, but it’s happened at least twice. People might be laughing with me or at me. I’m not sure.
2. I will say whatever I think. #nofilter
3. Don’t make me angry. I will take out my frustration with extreme sarcasm. Then never talk to you again. I guess that’s serious. Maybe just irreverent.
4. My husband and I frequently make the most ridiculous jokes. They usually involve making fun of our dogs. Or imitating them because we’re mature. If anyone saw us… well, actually, my brother’s friend is staying with us right now and this is probably how he feels:
5. Sometimes I don’t feel like talking, so I replace my words with animal sounds. My husband has learned to pick up on what they mean. It’s like telepathy or something.
6. Last weekend, I found a flying monkey thing in my parents’ garage. I threw it at Brian and scared him. Then I did it again and he got a little mad. But, I wished that I’d taken a video, so I did a third time, just to get it on video.
7. Sometimes I get really excited. Like really excited. I talk very fast and very loudly.
8. I have foot in mouth syndrome, in addition to everything else. Unfortunately, there are no viable treatment options at the moment.
9. Sometimes I take a funny conversation with a friend and randomly send them a self created meme out of the blue, via text. Then they curse me for making them bust out laughing at work.
This is how we prop up ice packs at our house… with a chewstick:
I guess the moral of this post is that I’m not that serious. Being sick can drain the fun out of you. It limits the topics that I can write about because my life is consumed with things like showing up for two doctors appointments on the wrong days or at the wrong time in a single week, organizing all of my medical documents, and generally figuring out what might be wrong with some new symptoms.
I don’t want to be Debbie Downer everyday, and I realize that some of the more fun aspects of my personality don’t translate well on the blog.
Follow me on Instagram & Twitter to read and see the other side of me. I promise it’s not as depressing. It’s filled with cute Shih Tzus, coffee, and ridiculous comments. #takeyourpottywithyou, Kaitlin.