Erin’s 2017 Reading Challenge

bookchallengebyerin6-0

I am super excited to be joining Erin’s book challenge! I spent the first few days of December putting together my list of possible books. You can join the Facebook group and read more about the 2017 Reading Challenge on her blog here.

Here are the categories and my choices!

+ 5 points. Freebie book:

The Underground Railroad

the-underground-railroad

+ 30 points Rory Gilmore Book

Emma by Jane Austen

emma

+ 30 points. Genre not usually read book (self help/non fiction):

This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place You Live by Melody Warnick

this-is-where-you-belong

+ 35 points. Time travel book:

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain

a-connecticut-yankee-in-king-arthurs-court

So, these are my picks, but they are totally changeable. Do you have any other suggestions? What would you pick?

Please note that comments with links that are not relevant to the discussion will not be approved. Personal signatures with blog URLs will be deleted. Please use the Disqus profile to add your blog’s URL, so that I can find you.

Categories: Reading Challenge | Tags: , , |

• Breenah | December 5, 2016 | Reply

I love the first few books in the Pink Carnation series, but I’m on #7 and it’s starting to drag a little. Hope you enjoy that one, though!

• Sarah @ Back to Carolina | December 6, 2016 | Reply

I am looking forward to the 2nd. I hate that I have to wait until January to start, but December is a crazy month. I’m barely reading! Glad to know that they stay interesting for so long!

• Kristen @ SYIAP | December 6, 2016 | Reply

the only one i have read is Emma, which i loved. i have the jane steele book in my library pile at home, so hopefully i’ll get to it soon. i have to make my list for this one!

• Sarah @ Back to Carolina | December 6, 2016 | Reply

Yeah, Emma is a re-read for me. I couldn’t find anything on the Rory Gilmore list that I liked that I hadn’t already read. A few were even recent reads that I put off despite their popularity. So, I picked Emma as a re-read, since I like it. Jane Steele seems interesting. The reviews are good, although the synopsis is a little off putting…

• Sarah @ Back to Carolina | December 8, 2016 | Reply

I am excited! I am waiting on it to come in from the library, so I picked two different novels, since I have the other novel, but it’s long and I’m not sure that I will like it. I love Eleanor of Aquitaine, but I am not sure how I would feel about a fictionalized version–since I’ve read biographies.

• What I Read: January 2017 - Seriously, Sarah?Seriously, Sarah? | February 6, 2017 | Reply

[…] the challenge and how many points they were worth and then books that I read for fun! If you read my post with my predicted reads for the challenge, you'll see that I read almost entirely different […]