First Haircut: Shih Tzu Grooming

So, my husband and I decided that we would our puppy her very first haircut–ourselves. We thought grooming a puppy that hasn’t been traumatized by grooming yet would be a better start than on the other dog, Josie. Once, Josie was so wiggly that the poor groomer couldn’t cut her front legs and she looked like a Clydesdale for 2 months.

461

As you can see, she was overjoyed at the thought:

446

Twenty minutes later, however, she was not as overjoyed. I used Scardy Scissors. We weren’t sure which size guard to use, so we used a bigger one first, then really went for the kill with a shorter one.

001

002

The results:

483

Oh, but seriously, she ended up pretty cute!

Untitled design (1)

Jade and Oak
Categories: Pets | Tags: , |

• Christina | March 12, 2014 | Reply

I’m eating a late lunch out and cracking up over this haircut!!! I also have a small dog and attempt this every once in a while.

• Sarah Farris | March 12, 2014 | Reply

Hahaha. The best part was when my husband created the mini-shih tzu out of hair! We’re going to try it again, soon!

• kellee | March 13, 2014 | Reply

OMG she looks like a little Ewok!!!! Sooo cute! Just stopping by from the blog hop.

Kellee

• Sarah Farris | March 14, 2014 | Reply

Thanks! She does. We tried to get our other dog an Ewok costume for Halloween last year, but they were all sold out. We’re going to order one in July this time!

• jackie | March 13, 2014 | Reply

awww she is so cute! i’m afraid to even try trimming my dogs’ nails haha. thanks for linking up 🙂

• Sara | March 14, 2014 | Reply

So cute! Way to go!! We cut our pups hair ourselves too. It helps save a little $$ and the results aren’t too terrible. 🙂

• Sarah Farris | March 14, 2014 | Reply

Do you use an electric razor? The scaredy cut scissors kept her calm, but it didn’t have the results I was hoping for. Probably operator error!

• Seriously, Sarah? | July 1, 2014 | Reply